Sunday, January 5, 2014

WEDDING BAKES

24/12/2013

A breakfast table was laid out with these goodies  which I baked for the morning of the Wedding day.

The Cupcake Tower - this is the 2nd time I am using it.   Did a makeover with new decorations- the purple heart and tulle. 

I decided to bake my cookies aka mamakaries  as wedding flavours  for the guests at the dinner. I purposely selected these paper cake liners with the heart-shaped pattern.

My sister Vicky and niece helping to arrange the sugar hearts onto the cookies. 

Was very pleased that I could managed to bake a total of 500 pieces of these cookies for the wedding dinner.  Actually it was not that difficult with some help of course!


Getting Jeremy and Eunice involved and they happily packed the cookies into the bags of 2 each for the guest- a red and pink heart each. 

They may not looked pretty but they are made with love and blessing for each person receiving them. 

I decided to bake the Sticky Cinnamon Roll for breakfast on the wedding day..  This is the salted caramel sauce with chopped nuts for the cinnamon roll.  Recipe from Pioneer Woman. However on the morning of the wedding date, I was too busy dressing up that I forgot about the bread in the oven.   As a result the  top was burnt but the rolls were still edible and remain soft and fluffy.   

Yes, the topper cake for the tower was a Rainbow Cake.   Recipe from Flavours Magazine. 


However by the time, the cake was stacked up,  it was way too high!  The cake was tilting even though with the dowels inserted and it looked very awkward.    In the end 2 layers of the cake were removed yet it was still stand tall.  

Lemon Cream Cheese frosting filled and covered the cake. My decoration very amateur and simple.... if Vicky can remember the sugar flowers.... hahaha yes they are from her wedding cake- so well preserved in the freezer till now!  


The cupcakes which I baked:  Banana Cupcakes with Salted Caramel Frosting and Hokkaido cupcake.
The others were: Caramelised Onions and Mushroom Quiche and a Broccoli and Chorizo Quiche.
Overall, I am glad the family and friends enjoyed the cakes.


No comments:

Post a Comment