Thursday, November 14, 2013

CREAM CHEESE AND SPINACH PIZZA

11/11/2013

Whenever I see spinach ("poh chai") in the market, I could buy a big bunch.

I normally blanch them in boiling water for a 2-3 minutes.   Immediately remove and place them into a bowl of ice water to stop further cooking.  Drain and squeeze out as much water as possible and packed them into the freezer.  I  could use them for quiche and pizza. 

Since I had some leftover cream cheese from baking a Lemon Cheesecake for my sister J birthday, I decided to bake a Cream Cheese and Spinach pizza for easy weekday dinner.  

I had prepared the pizza dough the previous night.  I used my hand to press the dough out to a thin crust.
This can always be substituted with pre-bought pizza base or paratha or wraps.
Defrost the spinach and squeeze out the water and chopped it up.   Mix the cream cheese with the spinach add pinch of salt and plenty of black pepper.
 
Spread the filling onto the pizza and sprinkle with pine nuts  and bake in pre-heated oven at 200C for around 15 minutes till brown at the edges. 

Enjoy it over the weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I love pine nuts! So this seems to be a healthy pizza to me... :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Reana
    Not really unless you don't mind the cream cheese!

    ReplyDelete