Wednesday, October 9, 2013

LITTLE YZ 1ST BIRTHDAY

As you take those tottering first steps, may God be there to support and walk with you always!
Happy 1st Birthday Yong Ze.

My niece with hubby and little Yong Ze. 

My grand nephew, Yong Ze had a party for his 1st birthday.   All his little friends and cousins were invited and came with lots of present for him. His daddy and mummy organised a buffet for them and took care of every details, down to choosing the lovely party pack for his little friends and cousins. It was tiring day but daddy and mummy were very happy that little Yong Ze was so well behaved throughout the party. He was greeting his guests with wide toothless smiles and accepting the ang-pows from all the grand aunties/uncles gracefully only to throwing it down the next minute... he must have prefer toys rather than cash......hahaha.

My niece requested for some cupcakes.   I baked Red Velvet cupcake with cream cheese frosting as well as Chocolate Chip cupcake with Swiss Meringue Buttercream.

These are "undressed" Red Velvet cupcakes. I forgot to take a photo of the finished ones.
I baked the cupcakes the day before the party and put them in air-tight containers overnight.  I only prepared the buttercream and frosting the next morning.  

The Swiss Meringue Buttercream - I love using this buttercream as it really can stand the hot weather! Unlike the cream cheese frosting which is really a nightmare for me.

More hands less work- my sister helping me to get the cupcake ready for the icing.  We found that the cupcake liners were coming away from the cupcake.  Luckily I got some pretty ones from Australia given by my sister May.  So we had to put the cupcake into the new cases before icing.   

Finally they are iced and we sprinkled some colourful thousands n thousands as children loves these!

She then helped to pack some of the cupcakes into the plastic covers to be given in the party pack.  The remaining cupcakes goes here..

on to my hand-made cupcake tower!

I also made the Magic Mirror Jelly (right on top of the stand).

We love Mickey! This lovely cake was a present from his two pretty aunties!

Friends and cousins!

"Hurry up please with the photograping, I want to eat my cake!"
From left: his two pretty aunties, grandma and grandpa.

The biggest present from mommy.... a holiday to Melbourne to visit all the grand aunties and uncle and cousins .... they left for Melbourne the next night. Enjoy your trip with mommy, YZ!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment