Monday, July 2, 2012

SPAGHETTI IN A BREAD CUP

I always lament that the weekend is just too short.  There are so many recipes that I wanted to try out yet time is always not enough.  With Sarah busy with her assignment, I decided to cook her and Esther a good breakfast to jump start their day.


So for Sunday, breakfast, it was ham, hash browns and Spaghetti in a bread cup.


Get some bread and cut away the crust and flatten the bread.

Snip at the four corners of the bread- this make it easier to fit them into the muffin tray or individual tart tin

I decided to make use of the mini can of spaghetti in tomato sauce as the base.

Top with grated cheddar cheese.

Lastly, add an egg on top.  It is better to crack the egg over a bowl and let go some of the egg white as it tends to overflow. 
Lightly sprinkle with salt and black pepper.

 Bake them in oven (180C) for just around 10-15 minutes or till the egg sets (depending whether you want runny yolks or hard boiled).

When the kids were younger, I used to make these for them.  I would used a Bechamel sauce and add in chicken cubes and mixed vegetables as fillings.

I made some  potato croquettes last week and  I reserved some of the water that was used to boil the potatoes.   I read somewhere or is it Nigella who said that using this water makes fluffy  bread.  

Yes, this is a fluffy  potato bun.   I substituted the potato water instead of plain water.  It does add a bit more of potato flavour as the recipe that I was following did not used  any potatoes instead its just potato flour. 
The  dough was done last night  and kept in the fridge and its just shaping and baking them in the morning.

So we get fluffy, hot potatoes buns for breakfast as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment