Monday, June 2, 2014

ZHONG FESTIVAL GATHERING

1/6/2014
A HAPPY ZHONG FESTIVAL

As usual our family will celebrate any Chinese festival gathering during the weekends.  So we had already eaten our zhong on Saturday. This year, I did not make any zhong myself.....too much hassle to wash the leave besides too lazy. However, my brother Chuan bought some for me and was also given some homemade ones from my neighbour ... so thoughtful of them, knowing that I love them.

Before dinnertime, we dropped by for tea time at Encore Pastry in Taman Desa as its in the same neighbourhood of my brother's house.  It is located at corner shop lot. I found that the seating space inside the cafe rather cramp and small as a result once it fully occupied the noise level really goes up, not a place for tete-a-tete!    

long black 

latte


Affogato- a shot of hot expresso goes over a scoop of ice cream..


mmm..... reminds me of root beer float, of course its a different  flavour altogether.


I like that each cuppa comes with a  tiny weeny crisp pastry.

tiramisu..

chicken sandwich...lots of veggies with silvers of chicken only


the long table for dinner... I cooked some Lentils and Vegetables curry, not salty enough ...



Dessert time..... 

Macaroons made by Hye Jung's sister which they bought back after their honeymoon in Korea- surprisingly it was not too sweet..lovely! 

I baked a Chocolate cheesecake-- recipe from King Arthur's Flour.... very dense and creamy ...easy to make too ...its a keeper.  


My niece, Esther and my sister-in-law taking selfie with some novelty sweets!























3 comments:

  1. Wish i can taste the chocolate cheesecake, hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Sharon,
    Sure... whenever you come to KL or I go Singapore :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a wonderful gathering. wow...all those food. yumz

    ReplyDelete