Thursday, June 26, 2014

CARAMELISED BANANAS MUFFIN

22/6/2014
SUNDAY

Well, it is not all about cats and dogs over the weekend only.   At last, I did some baking as it has been a long time.

Baked the Chocolate Orange Bundt Cake ... again.. I loved this cake moist and crumbly and it definitely tasted better the next day. 

As you can see, I did not managed to grease the bundt pan properly this time.. the cake  broke again as I unmould it- always seem to be a problem with this bundt pan... maybe time to get a better quality one or maybe next time should just use the normal round cake tin.

Crispy mini "Seremban" siew pau..

Recipe taken from Elinluv's blog. I used pre-bought char siew from the market. Diced it finely and fry with some minced garlic. Add the sauce and some frozen green peas. Simmer till sauce is reduced and finally thicken sauce with some cornstarch slurry and set aside to cool.  I can only managed to get around 12 mini siew paus and with the rest of dough, I used some leftover red bean filling to make the Red Bean pau. So we have both the sweet and savoury paus as well. 

I purposely asked for overripe bananas from my sundry shop to make this Caramelised Bananas Muffin- my style.  Actually the recipe requires to make the caramel and then add the bananas.  Instead I used my leftover caramel sauce to mix the sliced bananas. 


Actually the recipe says to make the caramel and then add the sliced bananas in the pan. Instead I used my leftover caramel sauce and mix the sliced bananas with it. Weather was too hot so why slave over the stove to cook the caramel when I still have some leftover salted caramel sauce in the fridge.


Recipe require to cream sugar and butter but  I was too lazy to wash up so many items and in end I used this one bowl to mix everything..  Beat the sugar and eggs together.

Add the rest of ingredients: flour, baking powder milk and melted butter and mix till combined. 

Scoop one tablespoon of the batter to the muffin liner and then add the caramelized bananas.  

Top with another tablespoon of the batter.  Finally  add a slice of the banana to decorate.  Bake at 200C for around 15-20 minutes till golden brown. 

Here we are: the texture is dense crumb yet not dry and the filling is lovely.

Have a wonderful weekend! 




3 comments:

  1. looks like you have been baking a lot wor. Haiz...your baking so nice...mine only 50/50.....sometimes jadi sometimes kaput

    ReplyDelete