Wednesday, April 27, 2011

WHITE CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH CRANBERRIES FILLING

21/4/2011









22/4/2011 is Sarah's 20th Birthday. She informed me that she is no longer a teenager, but a yound adult now. So for my pretty yound adult, I baked her a White Chocolate Cake with Cranberries and white chocolate filling. As she now deserve something more mature, I decorated the cake with a a bouquet of roses.







I stumbled upon the blog of I am baker and I immediately want to do this for Sarah.


















I had baked 2 layers of the White Chocolate cake last night. Kept them wrapped in the fridge and finish assemblying the cake tonight.














I simmered some frozen cranberries with orange juice, cinnamon, brown sugar. The mixture is then puree and sieved and ready as a filling between the layers.










I used the same buttercream frosting in the recipe.




Got to beat the buttercream till light and fluffy. I added melted white chocolate to the buttercream as I wanted a more intense flavour of the White Chocolate.











Spread the layers with the cranberries puree and then the white chocolate buttercream frosting. Coat the top and sides of cake as well with the frosting.





Trying my best to pipe the perfect rose! This method is very forgiving- you just have to scrape off what you don't like and start over again till you are satisfied. But beware of the frosting melting !











Almost getting there...












I was very satisfied with the result. Of course there is always room for improvement.



If you do not like the all white effect, you can always use some colour dust on the roses.
But for my special young lady, the white roses for her kindness and goodness.


































































































No comments:

Post a Comment