Tuesday, December 14, 2010

PINEAPPLE TARTS

15/12/2010










Ho, Ho, Ho, Santa Claus is coming to town.



Have been busy recently doing Christmas shopping and doing very little baking. I like Christmas shopping -choosing something which I think the receiver will treasure or at least like it and it must be useful and practical. Of course for the kids it's always something that makes them go "wow" when they open the present (hopefully). But then again, kids nowadays are so lucky and they seems to have practically everything- toys, clothes, oversea trips (no, I am not giving that), thus making this task very difficult each year.



While Christmas is coming around the corner, Chinese New Year is approaching fast. Today, got a call from a customer asking whether I will be making pineapple tarts. Pineapple tarts are a "must have" food item during the Chinese New Year. It means "good Luck come" and every Chinese wants good luck for the coming new year.


Of course, I will be making them with my sisters. This has been a family tradition since 1997, I am grateful for my sister-in-law who taught us the trade. The first year that we started to go on the market was really full of stress and tears. We were so ignorant that we kept opening the oven door and this resulted in the tarts being not cooked well. The tarts could reached the top of the tin and the next day the tarts collapsed. We were really at our wits and thankfully, my sister-in-law corrected our mistakes. We have to rope in almost every family members to keep us coped with the hugh orders -yes even my dear Mother helped to roll the jam, those who can drive would helped with the delivery and I am glad to say that we have more or less perfected our Pineapple Tarts now.


They are our bestseller every year. We cooked the pineapple jam ourselves - none of the commercial pineapple jam which is too sweet and which definitely comes with preservatives as well. Each piece of tart is handmake and homemake and you can be ensure of its freshness and authencity.

Beside the Pineapple Tarts, we also make Mamakaries too- little biscuit top with almond and Chocolate ganache.


This is also one of our signature cookies.



Any orders, please contact me at echankm@hotmail.com












No comments:

Post a Comment