Monday, May 10, 2021

 1/5/2021

Win One,  Loss Two

The beginning of Spring in the Northern hemisphere and the coming winter down under. 

It has been a turbulent week and again I am reminded that life is not permanent.

Pickup this little kitten from the box outside Ecosave supermarket on my way to my yoga class.  Heard the  faint sounds of meowing and took a peek into the box and lo and behold she was staring up at me.

Checked with the staff at the supermarket and was informed that the box left outside by unknown person. So after my class took her home. 

Initially fed her with kitten milk but after 2 days she got into serious diarrhea and immediately we admitted her to the vet for 2 days.    

Now Miki (she)  is settling down well with us.

However my Mimi the queen has gotten so jealous that she refuses to come back into the house anymore! She still comes back for her food though and hopefully with time she will move inside again. 

We mourned the loss Zorro, the "masked" cat.  He is a stray cat and from the way he moved, I suspected leg injury.   He would hide under my washing machine and came out for food morning and evening.  Just when he was becoming more confident with me, an accident happened to him.

One night in the early hours of dawn, I heard the stray dogs barking and came down to check.   I could not see anything outside but can hear the dog running up and down the drain.  So finally I managed to chase them away.  In my heart, I was praying for the cats that they will be alright till daylight. 


In the daylight, we saw Zorro covered in mud and trying to come up.    Thank God, my daughter was around (she was going out for her exercise) and she managed to get down and picked him up.  She took almost an  hour to get him bathed and clean and dry. 

We sent him to the vet and he was admitted for dogs bites and trauma.   Unfortunately he could not make it and we lost him yesterday.  He is safe with God.

Besides the cats and dogs, it was sad news that I received from my niece that my brother in law's cancer has recurred and  it will be a matter of time.  As my daughters said, it is sad for he is someone whom they have close relationship with growing up.   

With the pandemic not relenting and the figures going up everyday, let's treasure those around us.  

Stay safe and take care everyone. 






















 



1 comment:

  1. This is so sad. "crying now".....

    I think the cats need to stay indoors if there are too many strays dogs in the area.

    ReplyDelete