Thursday, September 15, 2016

HAPPY CHUSEOK DAY

15/9/2016
THURSDAY

Wishing Everyone a Happy Mid-Autumn Festival.
My daughter-in-law told me that the Koreans will celebrate Chuseok festival with  3 days holidays with visits to ancestral hometowns and feasting on traditional foods.  One of which is songpyeon, a traditional Korean rice cake stuffed with seeds and nuts. 

We had made some Dragon fruit jelly mooncakes for the Chan Clan this year. 





Beside my Shanghai mooncakes, I also baked these Black Sesame Paste Mooncake. 
I saw someone posted this way of folding the flaky pastry, so I followed.  However not very successful as the fillings leaked out but still edible though. 



2 comments:

  1. I wished my Korean friends too in the chat group and they posted so many empty bottles of Soju!! All drunkards!!! Adoi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning,
    Opportunity to rejoice with friends!LOL

    ReplyDelete