Monday, May 29, 2017

WEEKEND BAKES # 3 - KOREAN EGG BREAD

7/5/2017
SUNDAY

Korean street food.
This is a simple to do recipe and they taste great.  Saw this recipe on blog from Guaishushu.  Frankly I have not tasted the original bread in Seoul on my last trip, but my daughter-in-law confirmed that this is a type of Korean street food.  The texture of the bread is more like muffin. 

Texture of the bread... more cake-like instead of bread. 

This is how to bake them .... a tablespoon of the batter is ladle into the ramekins and you carefully break an egg on top.  Spoon another 1 or 2 teaspoon of the batter around the egg... you really want to see the egg on top. 



These are banana cupcakes with salted caramel buttercream and I sprinkle some organic salted cocoa nibs which I bought yesterday from the Mari Market. 




We had an interesting lunch at Wakamama, Cheras after our trip to Mari Market yesterday.  Service was very good and the cafe is clean. 

the various types of teas which you can order here. 

my curry katsu rice -yummy 

WAKAMAMA'S SPECIAL SET.. fried rice, cold soba with salmon. miso soup and fruits...very filling.

Waffle with salmon set 

Another interesting little cafe in Taman Taynton. ... Ah Gong House.. literally the owner's grandpa's house which was converted into a small cosy cafe serving drip coffee. They were having a sale of various knick knacks.

I bought these colourful ceramics bowls for only RM15.00 what a bargain.... my very own Mother's day gift for myself :D!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I still have not tried this Korean Egg Bread! I saw it on TV and it drooled me.
    You got a very good bargain for the 5 pcs bowls in different colours. So cheap la.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, its pre-loved but good conditions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is very useful for me,Thanks for your sharing.

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete