Wednesday, September 3, 2014

MY BOUNTY ON MERDEKA DAY

31/8/2014

It was a "hard working"  Merdeka holiday for me.  Due to the long weekend, I was not keen to venture outdoors (sure crowded everywhere), so stayed at home with my doggies and kitties and had a good time trying out various bread recipes.

The first one I tried was Japanese Condensed Milk Bread. Recipe from Nasi Lemak Lover.
I used the sweetened creamer instead condensed milk.  By the way  it is  difficult to locate canned condensed milk in Malaysia, most of them are cream sweeter.  I remembered that I have seen the Cow-maid (or it the milkmaid?) brand of condensed milk in Melbourne and they also have the canned caramel too. 

Dough  was easy to manage.  I used machine to mix everything and finished with kneading by hand for another 5-10  minutes

After the 1st proof, the dough had doubled and time to assembly.

rolled out into rectangle and cut into 4 pieces. 

spread the filling...butter mixed with condensed milk till combined on each layer

cut the layers into 8 parts 


place into a greased chiffon tube pan and let it proof till double in size again.  

I spread the rest of the filling onto and then added the almond flakes before baking. 

Wonderful bread. 

Next is the Chocolate-white bread.   Recipe from My Little Space


Chocolate and plain dough after first proof. 


 I divided the dough into 4 parts each

Plaiting the loaf 

after the 2nd proof and ready for the oven.


beautiful golden loaves..

Last but not least, Baked Char Siew Pau..
Just realised that the dough should be rolled this way.

Wrapped the oil dough with the water dough and roll into long strip. 

Roll the long strip and then gently roll it up again (oh dear, sounds confusing?) 

Voila!.... can you see the layers!! 

Finally it's tea-time... Sarah made coffee for both of us 
And we also had the  jelly mooncake (given by my neighbour) .



2 comments:

  1. clap hands! Bravo! so nice la....

    i hope when i make can be half as nice.

    Ya i love sonia's recipe. easy to follow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning,
    Thank you... yes, I love her recipes too!
    Have a happy weekend.... eat more mooncakes!

    ReplyDelete