Tuesday, November 8, 2011

KENNY AND NICOLE'S WEDDING DAY

Finally the Day has come for both the young persons. Today they will be united as one.





After the late night, I missed the contingent that went over to fetch the new bride home. However, I am glad to stay behind and helped my sister to get ready the buffet for the friends and relatives that came to witness the wedding.



This is my wedding gift to the newly weds. Red Velvet cupcakes and a heart-shaped topper cake on my homemade cupcake stand.

Red Velvet cupcakes (recipe taken from Flavours Magazine) with Cream Cheese Frosting.



Red is the auspicious colour.



The homemade cupcake tower made with recycled cupboard boxes and cans.





My sister, Vicky helping me with the icing and decoration of the cupcakes
I had planned to put a heart-shaped mini cake as the topper for the cupcake stand.


Besides the cupcakes, I had baked 2 heart-shaped Red Velvet Cakes.




The cream cheese frosting is used in the centre of the cakes.




Smoothing out the frosting.


Sandwich both the layers together.


More icing goes over the top


As I did not have enough frosting, I dirty iced the whole cake before making a fresh batch of frosting.


Silver bead were carefully placed around the base and the top outline of the cake.




The final touch- adding the milk chocolate in the golden wrappers and then placing the silver and gold doves.

This is my first attempt for a wedding. I am happy with the results.

I am submitting this to Aspiring Baker#13: Enjoy Cupcakes (November 2011) hosted by Min of Min's blog at http://www.sze-min.blogspot.com/.





































No comments:

Post a Comment