Sunday, October 9, 2011

YAM MOONCAKE

I like Yam Mooncake in particular one brand of Yam Mooncake but the price keep escalating each year. Since I was busy making the Shanghai mooncakes this year, I did not get any Yam Mooncake.


So even though the festival is over, I decided to make them myself.


And I am trying them with the flaky pastry.




The water dough on the left and right is the oil dough with a mere hint of purple colour.



After wrapping and rolling both the dough together.





Roll each piece into round - can see the swirls



After baking - cannot really see the layers from the outside.



But inside it's a different story- can see the layers of the flaky, crisp pastry.



I cooked the yam paste myself. I don't know whether its the texture of the yam as I know that I should use one particular type of yam, its was very soft and sticky. I try adding some custard powder and hence the yellowish hint. However overall the taste is delicious- soft and creamy.


Verdict: will try to perfect this mooncake for next year.



Recipe adapted from"The Nasi Lemak Lover" blog.
















No comments:

Post a Comment