Tuesday, May 15, 2012

DOGGIE BISCUITS

I had 3 dogs and  sometimes I  baked these doggie biscuits as treats for them. They loved them! They (they dogs) are so cute ie every night while I am watching my TV programme Toto and Phow-Phow  could sit by my side and when I got up to switch off the TV and lights, they knew its time to go back to their own places and time for a biscuit!
 
This is Toto- he was given by someone who could no longer take care of him.  He is the "King" of  the house.   He could quickly run to his cage the minute I switch off the lights- it is biskie time.

These 2 dogs were rescued by me - brown  is Phow-Phow and white one is Chu-Chu.. Both of them stayed outside, but Phow-phow will take every opportunity to run into the house.
Through them, I came to know about Dr. Chan of http://www.animalcare.org/  who has done so much of dog rescue and sponsoring their neutering and spaying.  Please visit her blog and give your support.




So, I decided to bake some doggie biscuits to contribute for the event held at the Subang Buddhist for Wesak Day.  The recipe was adapted from The Sprinkle Bakes.  I used organic oats and full cream milk instead- actually equally suitable for human beings.

Before baking


After baking

After packing.
   


We were there for a while and then left as the crowds were getting bigger.

Just as I reached home, my sister Jennifer called us for lunch.  We went to Kingfisher cafe at Bandar Mahkota for Fish Head Noddles. 
This cafe is along the road facing Jusco, Bandar Mahkota, Cheras.
My sister-in-law Evon and Jennifer, my sister with my 2 nieces.
Nice open cafe, clean,  service was efficient and fast.
This is Fried Fish head Noddles.  The fishes are all "sea" fish  and not those rear or from the river, hence the texture is firm yet crunchy and there is no "muddy" smell.
They will also "fresh" fish head ie not fried ones, but you will have to wait longer for it due to the cooking time.

This is what I ordered- freshly made fish balls noddles.  I loved the creamy soup.  The noodles used are the normal meehoon which seems so right taken with the soup.
The serving per person is rather filling, but well worth the money (RM7.50). 



No comments:

Post a Comment