Thursday, July 14, 2011

Tiger Stripe Cheesecake

I try out this recipe which I saw on the internet. It reminds me of a modified version of Catherine Lau's Bulls Eye Cheesecake. There is no flour mentioned in this recipe but I added just 2 tablespoon of cornflour to the mixture.



The base of the cake- mixture of oreo and digestive biscuits crushed and mix with melted butter and bake.


The cheese batter divided into half- the melted chocolate batter with rum added.


The other half with lemon juice added.


Start with a ladle of plain batter from the centre, then alternate with a ladle of the chocolate batter and keep alternating till all the batter is used up.
I baked the cake in a water bath as it was not mentioned in the recipe too.


I kept the cake overnight in the fridge. More practice needed to get even concentric rings


The cake is dense, very creamy and taste like Chocolate rum ice cream with a hint of lemon.














No comments:

Post a Comment