Monday, December 20, 2010

EGG TARTS


I love Egg Tarts. My kid also like them. When you say Egg Tart, a lot of people would automatically thought of Tong Kee Egg Tarts. My kids and family have grown up with these tarts. They originally used to cost only 50 cents and now escalated to RM1.20 per piece. I heard that the recipe is closely guarded secret.

Recently I managed to make my own Egg Tarts from a recipe taken from Lily Wai Sek Hong.

The result is flaky pastry filled with eggy smooth custard.
Well you have to remember not to be greedy to fill up too much of the custard into the tart shells, otherwise they will overflow and stick to the tart shell which makes removing difficult. As you can see a bit of broken crust.


I have some leftover of the custard and I used them into STEAMED EGG CUSTARD- just like those small bowls of egg custard which were sold in Pudu Market. I remember Mother telling us that Steamed Egg custard is good for ladies- makes our skin/face fair and smooth. So do remember to eat more.

No comments:

Post a Comment