Thursday, December 9, 2010

CINNAMON ROLL WITH BUTTERSCOTCH SAUCE

7/12/2010














I always like making bread - the kneading which I find is the most stress-relieving exercise; the wonderful smell of freshly baked bread - even though they don't taste good as most of the time the texture is too hard and everyone is so used to the commecially made bread that is so so soft.

I have tried sour dough (which eventually was thrown out); foccacio, doughnuts etc.

However the more I read about bread making, I am challenge. It seems that to get the bread nice and soft, it is better to let it slowly ferment in the fridge and little kneading is required.

Well, I had made Cinnamon roll before but the result was not satisfactory- the texture is hard. But this time, I am glad to say- "I have at last succeeded".

The bread created such a wonderful aroma when its baking. The texture is wonderfully soft and its not too sweet even with the butterscotch topping .

I have made the dough on Sunday and left it in the fridge to slowly ferment. Took it this morning to bring it back to room temperature before completing the process.








Roll out the dough into a rectangle shape. Brush with melted butter. Sprinkle with sugar (I use brown sugar) and then the cinnammon powder.


Begin to roll towards you - as tight as you can get.





Grease the pan with melted butter. Cut the roll into 1 inch slices and put into the pan and let to rise for another hour before baking.



I can't stop myself and finished up 2 rolls almost immediately.



Definitely will be making more. Recipe taken from The Pioneer Woman



































1 comment:

  1. Love cinnamon rolls!

    I always tot u need to leave it to rise after kneading it. That's what I always see Jamie Oliver/those other chefs do anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete