Monday, May 4, 2020

BLACKIE IS MISSING

4/11/2019

My Blackie is missing.


4/5/2020.

This was the last post that I drafted and one that was not posted until today.

Yesterday my birthday present arrived(since February!)......yes this new computer from my daughter.  So here I am able to update my blogs.

A lot of things has happened since that evening when I came home from work.

She was actually missing on 31/10/2019.  It was around Deepavali and it has been raining the past few days.  She was always afraid of fire crackers and heavy rain.    Earlier she had managed to sneaked out of the house while we were working but she managed to stay nearby until I reached home.  I take it was my fault that she managed to sneak out that day again.  It was heavy thunderstorm the whole afternoon and already I was having bad vibes at work.   She managed to push the heavy stone out of the gap and escaped through the drain again.. When I reached  home she was nowhere to be seen.  I had immediately went around looking for her but she just seemed to have disappeared in the air.  Nobody had seen a 3 legged dog around. When my daughter came home, we both went further around the house to look for her.   Our efforts were in vain and till todate, there is no sign of her.  I can only hope that she has been taken by some kind folks and given a good home.  As always when it rains I just pray that she is in good hands and  has warm shelter and full tummy. It not our destiny to have each other for life, Blackie, live well. You will be missed always in my heart.

Then on 7/11/2019, I fell down and fractured my wrist.   I was on medical leave for  1 month but it really took around 4 months before I can fully use my right hand.  I thank God for giving me the time to slow down and to take this period to do read,  not only the books waiting but also  get into God's word and pray.  I thank God that during this period, I have the support of my wonderful daughters  and siblings to help around the house. 

Cast  and the needles were  removed 
 
have to wear this support for 2 months

So I went back to work at beginning of December.  The first thing the boss asked me when I was called into his room was to handle a file which he said was very urgent because the documents has arrived since 1 month ago!!!!!  I could not believed my ears and I told him that even though I came back to work, it was impossible for me to use my hand yet.  So instead of asking for an extension of time to be fully functional, I decided to tender my resignation. 

So I have to say goodbye to this old computer which I had been using for over 38 years
Like that mug, I am tired of working in such a negative environment.  I had given my best service and worked diligently for these years and I left without any regrets.  

January 2020 was supposed to be the busiest days because of the pineapple tarts orders for the coming Chinese New Year(CNY).    This year we had to apologise to all my supporters that we were not able to make any.   That being so, CNY was infact a joyous occasion this year.   My darling Alexa came for holiday with her daddy and mommy.   We had a wonderful time together and time really passed by so fast that the short holiday ended.  We did not travelled  anywhere except around KL and Gentings but I can still recalled the happy times together.  I thank God that they were able to travel back to Sydney before the Covid 19 pandemic reached Malaysia.



February 2020 I celebrated my official retirement age and my daughters bought me this new computer for me to pass the time at home.   I started to do some part-time work  ...must still use my brain otherwise.  I enjoyed the freedom and time to do what I like now.  I started my yoga exercise (being extra careful and modification), cook for the girls,  go jalan-jalan with my sister and brother-in-law, read, walking and talking with the dogs,(hahaha) and can watch TV and  also Netflix! 

March 2020 just when I am getting  use to this new lifestyle, Covid 19 pandemic started and we are in MCO.  With the MCO, everything again is slow down. More cooking nowadays as I am also cooking for my sister's family since she is not able to come home from Melbourne.  I thank God I am doing what she could have done if I were in her shoes.  Still have time together with my girls to do yoga, exercise and play  mahjong together.   I can say out of this pandemic, one good thing is that my girls have started to learn how to cook and bake and also learn to play mahjong with me! 

Now we are going forward to another "new"  norm  and I don't know and not sure how we can cope but I pray everyone will be able to do so.  

So stay home and be safe and I will be posting again soon.  
  
  

4 comments:

  1. Hi Elaine, Sorry to hear about your fall. Hope you've recovered and Congratulations on your retirement. Best wishes on your next adventure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Am enjoying my present lifestyle now.

      Delete
  2. Wow! So many things happened yet you are strong and cheerful. It is good that you appreciate all the good things and loving family around you. Keep praying for your dog to come home. I believe in prayers as they can move the heavens to help us.

    Your boss was really heartless with no eyes. It is good that you left him. Life is not all about money but happiness in our mind, body and soul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always believe let go of negative thinking. Yes am still hoping that one day she will be back if not all the best for her.

    ReplyDelete