Thursday, July 6, 2017

WEEKEND # 6- MEETING THE ARTIST AND THE AUTHOR

18/6/2017
Saturday
At the Red Studio, Jaya One
The artist Mr. Victor Chin (right) and Mr. James Yuen (the collector).

beautiful watercolours....very interesting details and contrast of light and shadow
  

facade of a heritage building.. 

Besides painting these many heritage buildings, he is also involved in heritage preservation works and very active promoting in RakanKL and Rakan Mantin. 

The exhibition is still on till 29th June at the Red Studio in Jaya One.


24/6/2017
SATURDAY
AT THE POPULAR BOOKFEST @ KLCC

Jason Yeoh ...my daughter said he is my idol.   Yes, I like his programme as he projected to me a honest and sincere picture of the food stories and also himself too.

Kudos for the chefs/restaurant owners whom he had interviewed before, without them we won't be able to taste such delicious food and thank you for keeping the traditions and aspiration alive for the next generation. They were each presented with a copy of his book.

relating his ambition and intentions behind those interviews and getting a bit emotional as he tell us the stories these chefs/restaurant owners themselves tell him....their sweat and toil, their failures, their insistence on the quality of the food and their hopes... without them there is no book or even the TV programme..    

the special guests of honour... 

Jason gives credit to the co-author and friend.    

Of course, I cannot the temptation and this is my haul from the Bookfest .....

Both of them are really an inspiration to me.... one about the beauty of our history and another about the passion of food, which form part of our heritage.




2 comments:

  1. This famous Victor Chin is the only top artist that has inspired me until today since the early 90s. I started to draw and paint Melaka shophouses using his colour techniques and gave away all the paintings as Christmas presents to friends. Ever since I was a teenager I was observing the works of Tay Mo Leong and Yong Mun Sen. Have you heard of them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give me one of your painting please. No have not heard of them. Any website that I can have a look at their works?
    You are truly a "man with many knives"!
    Mr. Victor Chin very friendly too.

    ReplyDelete