Sunday, November 13, 2016

MARBLED CHEESE CUPCAKE AND BAKED CHICKEN PIE

29/10/2016
SUNDAY
Marbled cheese cupcake.
It's Pink October month for breast cancer awareness and  before October end, I  had to use the cream cheese before they go pink ......yes, when you see pink colour dots on the cheese, you can throw them out.  Decided to use my favourite cheesecake recipe and this time, testing it out in  cupcake size.  

Before baking.....a bit too much of the chocolate batter ..so there are 2 chocolate ones on the left.  But I was informed that these were a bit too "sweet" as the cocoa powder overpowers the cream cheese.  

Baking my favourite Char Siew Buns ...with flaky pastry 

and using leftover char siew filling to make some Steamed Char Siew Pau....


31/10/2016
MONDAY NIGHT DINNER 

I read about the mushroom paus which are so popular now. So bought some fresh mushrooms from market but they ended up inside this chicken pie instead (as you see I made char siew buns instead).  I spotted some very tiny sprouts from the potatoes which I had bought 2 weeks ago and I know that I have to use them otherwise it will go waste again.  That's the  problem which I always seem to have at the market, "buying just in case I need them".

So boil them till very soft and mash with some butter, salt and pepper till smooth to go on top of the chicken, .... and green peas filling.   A can of green peas that has been sitting around for ages and expiring in 2017 ...just 1 and half month more...to 2017!  

Baked @ 180C till the tops are brown. 





2 comments:

  1. You are such a brilliant and innovative chef who could dish up some leftovers. I would never thought of using the left overs. Very good ideas shared!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We try not to waste food....so always have to cook something that everyone eats otherwise.....

    ReplyDelete