Tuesday, May 24, 2016

LESSON # 3 - SPONGE CAKE

21/5/2016
Saturday

Strawberry Sponge cake
We are back to baking lessons after our Japan trip.  She has just bought a Kitchen Aid and we were happy to test it out and very satisfied with the results too.

    
Tall and soft sponge cakes....

Learned how to whisk whipping cream and to decorate the sponge cake.

 
testing her creativity.... 

Alright, I gave her a Pass......hehehe

As we were doing sponge cake, taught her how to make a swiss roll too.

Spreading kaya 

don't waste the extra cream, so spread it on too... and it does taste delicious not too sweet.

roll and roll 


 I am still sorting out the photos from my Japan trip so be patient.











3 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love Sponge cakes! They are just so light and fluffy! :D
    Thanks for dropping by my blog, I'm looking forward to read yours on Japan too!
    Nice to meet you Elaine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elaine, how you doing? Lovely sponge cakes. Love swiss roll with kaya. :)

    Have a nice day, regards.
    Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the strawberries on the cake. So yummy!
    I like Swiss Rolls with jam inside too.

    You went to Japan! Quickly share your photos and don;t sleep tonight until you finished posting in your blog!! Kamikaze! LOLOL Ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete