Tuesday, February 24, 2015

I AM OFFICIALLY A SENIOR CITIZEN NOW

15/2/2015
Sunday
Today I am official a senior citizen. It is my 60th birthday.  Yep, I am a goat alright.

Finally got my rabbit card...
and it took me 3 trips to the LRT station at Pasar Seni.  The first time was just after the New Year Day since I figure that I am 60 in 2015.  I was greeted by a surly customer service staff, who after looking at my IC, rather rudely told me  that I need to bring along photocopy of the IC and come back on the month of my birthday. Ok it was my fault, I don't have it  and maybe she had a bad morning but was she not taught to respect her senior?  The 2nd visit was after the City day holiday and I made sure I had everything require.  By the time my waiting number was called, I was told by the counter staff that I can only apply for the card on the  exact date of my birthday!!!.  Now, I have been paying half fare (senior's rate)  since the beginning of the year through the purchase of the special token at the counter each time and I just had to  show my IC.  I just cannot understand the logic that while you can pay cash for the special rate and yet cannot have the card (its a reload card by the way)!  Anyway, forgive my rambling .... must be "senior" in me.....
   
my very special birthday present from the girls
They compiled a scrapbook for me.... its my treasure now!
This photo taken during my late mother's 80th birthday.  There are many other photos taken together on certain occasions and travels.....which I am not sure where they got it from....... Looking at these photos, I realise how much fun and joy  we have growing  "old" together. Thank You girls. you both are my wonderful daughters, sisters and  friends!
  
Both of them woke up early and took me for breakfast at...

Tommy le baker.
Ever since I saw the episode on Axian Food series about this baker, I had wanted to visit his bakery and try his breads.   I admire his determination to bake "true bread" and how he demystify  the notion that "bread must be soft and fluffy"   and he bake such wonderful loaves of sourdough and chewy breads etc.      

the shop/cafe is located on the ground floor of the Viva Residences in Jalan Ipoh. Table seating is rather limited but being a Sunday, they have extended a few tables along the corridor.  

Many customers drop by to buy their sandwiches and breads. 

He employed differently-abled staff, whom I do not find them any different maybe except for  their friendly  service and helpful  attitude which often are far lacking in other "abled bodied service staff " elsewhere.
  


We have found our favourite croissants,financier and lemon tart.

We ordered a Rib-eye Beef sandwich, a smoked salmon and tuna and chicken sandwich and they are yummy ... full of fillings!

the truth is in the eating.... all gone... and we even taipo more croissants.

photo with our favourite baker .........




Since we were in the vicinty, we went over to the KLpac.





I love this place as I find  it quiet and peaceful..... except this time we were started screaming and running as a huge monitor lizard suddenly came scampering towards us ...... I don't know who is more frighten... the lizard or us... hahahaha. What a day to remember!

More presents from overseas:

A Wedgwood set  of lovely 

of "Sarah Garden" plates from my sister Vicky and hubby Bill...

A "goat" luck  toy from Sister May and angpow and 

this very anti-aging  gift..... eyebags be gone soon! 

Last but not least from my son and daughter-in-law, and also the trip to Korea which they had planned for me.

A BIG thank you for everyone for their blessing and greetings!





2 comments: