Monday, July 7, 2014

EASY MEATLOAF

6/7/2014
SUNDAY

I am excited....... in a week's time, I shall be able to see Sarah and give her a BIG HUG. I really miss her a lot.    So it is time to start clearing my fridge for the 2 weeks trip.

What do I find in the fridge... 2 pieces of pork loin and a piece of pork belly.  Sometimes just keep buying that's where it ended up in the freezer.    Search through the pantry and thought better use that last can of tomatoes even though the expiry date is early next year... hey time pass so fast and its just another 6 months to next year. 

So decided to make a meat loaf for Esther's lunch.  She has been asking for homecook meals for her lunch as around her office mostly mamak stalls,  besides any leftovers  can keep just in case she is too lazy to eat out while I am away.

Recipe was taken from Kitchen Flavours- Old Fashioned Meat Loaf.


Ingredients: ground beef (I used pork), chopped onion, rolled oats (I used my pre-mixed oatmeal), egg and can tomato.  Mix all the ingredients together and season well with salt and black pepper. I added some cayenne pepper as well and some breadcrumbs (as I find the mixture a bit wet).  

For the glaze/topping: tomato ketchup, mustard (I used wholegrain mustard) and brown sugar mixed together.  


Put the mixture into a loaf tin and level the top.  Spoon the glaze over the meat ( I reserve some of the glaze to brush over the meat half way through the baking). Bake at 160C for around an hour.  

The meat loaf is very moist and tasty.    It was so easy to make and cook..... just leave it to bake in the oven.

Thumbs up indeed!



3 comments: