Wednesday, October 2, 2013

DARK AND WHITE CHOCOLATE CAKE


It was twin happiness as we celebrated the birthday of my eldest brother and the full moon of his new grandson last weekend.  

For this occasion, I decided to bake the Dark and White Chocolate Cake adapted from the Elinluv's blog.

I had this bar of  Dark Chocolate with Rum and Raisin and decided to use it for the Dark Chocolate layer.

I doubled the recipe and got 2 pieces each of dark and white chocolate layers.  This way I can have even layers as I always had  a problem of slicing the cake. These cakes were rather soft to handle so I put them in the fridge overnight- very BIG mistake as they turned stone hard the next day...sign....

Time to open this box and finish it off at a go. The kids loved these better than the cake!.


Do pardon my decorating skills... thats the reason I always prefer to use edible items for decoration no need to stress and mess around with the decoration.


Verdict: I find the cake rather dry and crumbly. Even though, we had left the cake at room temperature, the cake was still hard when slicing.  Taste wise- the dark chocolate layer tasted alright while the white chocolate cake layer were bland. 




No comments:

Post a Comment