Wednesday, January 16, 2013

TIRAMISU CREPE CAKE

The translation of the name Italian tiramisu means "pick-me-up" (metaphorically, "make me happy"). (wikipedia).

I wanted to make everyone to be happy at the Christmas party and so I did this Tiramisu Crepe cake as one of the dessert. The other 2 cakes which I did was an Oreo Cheesecake and Steamed Chocolate Cake with Salted Caramel Frosting.  These are all prepared ahead cakes, thus saving time and valuable oven space on day of the party itself.


First, preparing the batter for the crepe and cooking the crepes. I had done a crepe cake before and they complained it was too thin. So this time, I decided to make the crepe a bit thicker instead.


Next prepare the cream cheese filling.  In fact both of these can be done a day ahead.

Assembling the crepe cake using a springform cake tin.  I brushed each crepe with a bit of the Bailey's liquer before topping with the cream cheese filling which had more liquer in it!.
Cover and refridgerate till set.


The finishing touches just before the party. Unmould the cake and using the sponge fingers (I had forgotten to dip them in the coffee syrup thus they were a bit dry and mostly left uneaten) along the sides of the cake.

Finally tie with ribbons to secure the sponge fingers and dust with some cocoa powder (which again I forgot to do so).

Seemed everyone must be happy tucking in this cake as there were not much of it left at the end of the party.
 

2 comments: