Wednesday, May 18, 2011

GOLDEN RAISIN BISCUIT

15/5/2011



My son has gone back to Australia for a short holiday and I misses him.

So, I baked this biscuit for him

If I am not mistaken, he liked this variety of biscuit when he was small.
These biscuit were a bit more expensive than the usual commercial biscuit on the market then. The commercial biscuit are also much thinner.



The biscuit dough or shall I call it pastry- is easy to handle. The texture is a cross between pastry and cake. After resting the dough, its then rolled out and brushed with beaten egg and then raisins (well you can chopped it up, but I prefer it whole) are scattered. Top with another piece of the dough. Brush with egg wash and sprinkle some brown sugar on top.
The addition of the coarse brown sugar top adds a crunchy top but it does not make the biscuit too sweet.

Sarah and Esther like them too.













No comments:

Post a Comment